Sunday, April 13, 2008

Julie's favorite recipes

So, I thought since Nate is giving out unsolicited financial advice I would give out unsolicited recipes. I'm not a goumet chef, I don't have pictures of my creations, but I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite recipes with the cyber world. This one is a staple at our house that I made one time when I wanted a Caesar salad that could be a meal. I call it Tortellini Caesar Salad.

1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
2 chicken breasts
1 head romaine lettuce
Croutons (preferably Caesar flavored)
Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Creamy Caesar salad dressing

Cook the tortellini, drain, and rinse with cold water. While tortellini is cooking grill the chicken breasts either on a Foreman grill or in a little olive oil. Wash the lettuce and break into bite sized pieces, set aside. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add cooled tortellini, chicken, croutons, and parmesan cheese to lettuce. Toss with dressing. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

FYI...I am totally making this tonight. I am at work printing it off as we speak. It looks DELICIOUS! YUMMY! Thanks for the good idea julie (this is Melanie's sister Jenn).

Melanie said...

Love us some Frederiksens - 'nuff said!!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure