Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Recipe!...Monte Cristo Sandwiches

This is my new favorite recipe. It is so easy and so yummy!
grilled cheese+French toast=Delicious!

French bread, sliced
eggs
milk
ham
swiss cheese
powdered sugar
strawberry jam

So all you do is assemble the sandwiches with the french bread, ham and swiss. Then dip the top and bottom of each sandwich in a mixture of the eggs and milk (like you would French toast, but you're only dipping one side of each piece of bread). Then fry in a hot pan like you would grilled cheese. Cook until both sides are brown and cheese is melted. Serve with powdered sugar sprinkled on top and strawberry jam.

Nate was hesitant about the powdered sugar and jam at first but was nice enough to try it. I made these for the second time today and he went right for the powdered sugar and jam. It's a classic and it's delicious!

4 comments:

Hema and Becky said...

I tried one of those sandwiches once. I will hav to try your recipe! Post more good ones!

Unknown said...

Hey Nate. I Just found your blog through Lanelle Barbers blog. it's good to see that you are doing well and married. Julie, I haven't talked to Nate in quite a while but i'm sure he is an even better guy than he used to be. you are a lucky girl. oh yea, i love Monte Cristo Sandwiches

Daniel E. Borup

Adam and Julie H. said...

Hey! Julie sorry I haven't posted the little cheddar loaves recipe. We are having a very different summer and I don't have it with me. When I have it and a computer I will post it for you. I still haven't forgotten.

Angela and Daniel said...

Hey Julie. On Thursday Daniel and I went to Seven Peaks and we saw Rosemary. She said she thought she saw you somewhere but then she remembered you had moved. Anyway, I hope you're adjusting to your new home. It looks like you've had an exciting summer so far.


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure