Sunday, September 21, 2008

What we have been up to...

So it has been a busy month at our house. Well, busy in the sense that I no longer have gobs of free time. That's right I started work 2 weeks ago. currently I am working as a T.A. in a pre-school class until my classroom is ready to move into (hopefully just another week) then I can have a class of my own! I love, love, love pre-school! The kids always have the most insightful/hilarious things to say.

A few weekends ago I got to go to Utah for my friend Kristen's wedding.
The happy couple
Sarah and baby Maggie
Becca and Jenny's baby Isaac
Room mates reunited: Sarah, Jenny, Kristen, me, Amy, Becca
I got to spend some quality time with Rebecca and Amy. (Thanks for being my chauffers ladies!)

I also got to spend lots of time with my family.
We went and saw John and Rilla's new colt Montana.

We fed the horses on Grandpa's farm.
We visited with Grandpa.
We went and saw the Mo Tab.
We toured Temple Square.

It was a great trip!

A couple weeks later Nate and I went to the Denver Museum of Art with our friends the Hubers.

A funky display outside the museum.

A cool display inside. We decided that the modern art was definitely the most interesting and fascinating, but it could also be the most disturbing. (We tried to avoid the disturbing ones.)
Later that night we went to a Rockies game, and of course they lost. They had beat the same team the night before, but they always manage to lose when we go to the games.
And this is the cool fort we built on a slow Satuday night. And yes we actually slept in it...twice!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

how fun! (to ALL of the above really) i worked in a preschool one summer and it was the best! now amby and i go to one twice a week and we wish you were the TA of course, but it is also very awesome. loved the grandpa photo- he is so wonderful. love you!

Marcus Lane said...

I love forts!!

Alicia said...

Lots of fun pictures and I really like the one of the broom and dust pan. I had to take another look! Oh, and nice fort!

Hema and Becky said...

SOunds like you are busy with lots of fun stuff! I love the pictures of you getting swept up! Reminds me of that movie "Honey, I shrunk the kids." How fun to be teaching preschool! Kids that age are sooo cute and funny!

sarah e. said...

You guys are so fun! Mike might help build a fort, but I don't know if I could get him to sleep in it: He likes his bed too much!! (Though we know I can sleep anywhere--even in the halls of the dorms, and I mean the hall as in hall not as in building, as my former roommates know. :) )

Sounds like you are enjoying life and hope you are able to start teaching as scheduled Julie!

Brittney said...

Hello! We are finally settled into our new place and have the internet. It was so fun to get onto your blog after not having seen it for over a month. Looks like you guys are enjoying it. We'll have to catch up soon!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure