Tuesday, February 17, 2009

baby update

So this might sound more like a journal entry, but for those who requested, here's a pregnancy update. I hit 12 weeks last Sunday. The baby is due on August 30. It will be a long summer, especially since the doctor already said no travelling after the end of June!
I haven't been too sick, mostly EXHAUSTED! I have always been one who needs plenty of sleep, but we're talking 2 hour naps followed by 9-10 hours at night. That's pretty incredible even for me. I do get sick occasionally, but lucky for me it's always at night so I can still go to work without any problems. It is however unlucky for my sweet husband because he gets to witness all of the barfing/I don't want to eat time and hardly any of the "I feel great" time.
At the 1st doctor's appointment she said the heartbeat sounded very boyish. That made Nate happy, to say the least. However, at the next appointment she said it sounded more girlish. So I guess we get to keep waiting to know for sure. I hit 20 weeks April 12. We of course would be happy with a boy or a girl, but for now I refer to it as a she (JJ, Julie Jr.)and Nate refers to it as a he (Nate Jr.). We are just so excited to become parents! And feel so very blessed to have this precious baby entering our lives very soon!

6 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I am WAY excited for you!!! I tried to comment before but it wouldn't let me. And I missed your announcement on your Christmas post. I read every word of your blog EXCEPT for that one time! I think I was in the crazy-holiday-exhausted-mode that day and missed out on your news. But I caught it on the next post but couldn't comment. I'm so glad you have a post because I am so looking forward to watching your baby grow! You are about ready to have the time of your life!! Give in to all that sleep. Your body will always tell you what it needs.

Brittney said...

I am still so excited for you! I was at Coscto the other day and they had the cutest newborn outfits. They had tons of boy/girl ones and also some yellow duck outfits that were very tempting. It took everything I had to wait to know if you're having a boy or girl before getting you something. April 12-not too far away! That is such a happy day. (Only six days before my b-day). Hopefully the exhaustion ends soon!

Hema and Becky said...

What a wonderful reason to feel tired!!! Congrats to you. Maybe you will get one of each a little JJ and NJ (twins). Hope you get feeling better!

Jessica F. said...

So exciting! I LOVED being pregnant My baby was due in beginning of Oct so I know all about those long summers...Popsicles are going to be your new best friend!

Congrats again, you are going to be a wonderful mother!

Karen Mortensen said...

I am really happy for you. You are going to be an awesome mom. I saw your mom today at the Fresno Temple. It was fun seeing her there. She is really excited about becoming a grandma.

Melanie Cain said...

Congrats you guys! It is the year of the boys so watch out! You are a little over 12 weeks and I only have 11 weeks left! It really does go by fast. Don't forget to write all the little things down because looking back it is easy to forget. I hope you feel better. By the way, zofran is the miracle anti-nausea medicine, it kicks in in like 10 minutes.


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure