Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's almost time...

So as the day for our baby to arrive draws closer, I thought it would be fun to conduct a little poll. If you want to participate, please put your guesses in the comment section. As a bit of background information, her official due date is August 30. I have an induction scheduled for the 31st if she has not arrived by then. At her 34 week ultrasound she weighed in at 6 lbs 5 oz (hence the reason for the induction...the doctor doesn't think I can handle a 9 1/2-10 lb baby, and I tend to agree). So here's the deal, I want to know your prediction for her date of arrival, birth weight, birth length, and any name suggestions you may have, as she still remains nameless. I can't wait to see what you all come up with and of course what the actual results turn out to be!
P.S. The nursery should be finished this week...pictures to follow.

15 comments:

Alli said...

I want her to be Amelia, on August 22nd, 8 lb. 11 oz. and 20 inches long.

Stephanie said...

yeah name her amelia- but beware- if i have a girl ever that's gonna be her name too! :) cute cute.

and if you are like me you will go past your due date so you will be induced or just happen to have her the day after your due date right before your induction and she will be 9lbs. and 22 inches long.

Angela and Daniel said...

So is Amelia one of the names in the running? It's pretty.
Some similar names that are also cute are Aimee, Sophie, and Madeline.

Anyway, my guess is Sophie Amelia Frederiksen, on August 25th, 8 lb. 12 oz. , 20 1/2 in. tall.

Cyndy and George said...

I like Amelia too.

Amelia Suzanne Frederiksen. August 29, 2009 7 pounds 15 ounces 20 inches.

Marcus Lane said...

we guess the following:

name: Julie (after the mother)
date: august 29 (the weekend, you can't miss work)
weight: 7 pounds 14 ounces
length: 19.528 inches

We are so going to win!

Grandma Honey said...

Well I have no idea what names you are even thinking of, but I say without a doubt, she will be born on August 31st!

Brittany said...

I think Natalia Juliette born Aug. 31st and 9 lbs. 2 oz. 22 inches long

The Pixton Family said...

August 29- that's Emma's birthday and our anniversary!

8 pounds, 9 ounces

I think she should be Amelia Suzanne.

The Laytons said...

I vote for Emma. And I'm guessing August 29th! Good luck Julie and Nate! You'll do great!

sarah e. said...

I think it will be a girl born August 27th at 11:59pm weighing in at 8 lbs. even.

As for names, I think the suggestions so far have been very cute. Amelia is super-cute and lends itself to lots of cute nicknames--Ami, Lia, Mia, Mel... Eliza is another good one--Ellie, Liza... I also like Olivia--Livvy, Liv, Olive... And Emma is always a good choice. And I love Suzanne for a middle name, as you know.

My personal vote: Eliza Suzanne Frederiksen, Ellie for short. A very difficult choice.

sarah e. said...

I have a stalkerish memory and on a hunch just checked a couple old posts and realized you have nieces named Ella and Olive. I guess those may be too close to some of my suggestions for you.

sarah e. said...

I forgot length! 20 inches.

Taber & Rebecca said...

Audra Louise
8lb 6oz
19 1/2 in

August 21st

dannyhaley said...

I think Julia will be born Aug 30- and will be 8lb. 5 oz. Good luck, it's so exciting!

Hema and Becky said...

I'd say 8 lbs 2 oz, August 27th, 20 1/2 inches long and lots of hair. Now for the name... I too love Amelia - we used it for Vela's middle name. I also think Cora is very pretty (and another family name) and not nearly as popular as Amelia. I would love to name my next daughter (if I get one) that. I just love family names. I also like Isabella and Ashlynn. As for the middle name, I too love Suzanne!
Good luck! We are so excited for you.


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure