Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

We've had a fun week leading up to Halloween. We made these cookies and they were cute and delicious! I got the recipe from Mel's kitchen cafe and it is a keeper!


We made these yummy caramel apples. I gave lots away, but I think I should have kept more for myself!

These are our friends who won the costume contest at the ward party. Aren't their costumes awesome?!

And here's our costumes. A little background info: a few weeks ago I was checking out at the grocery store when the guy who was bagging my groceries pointed to Clara and said "she looks just like that girl from that one Christmas movie. You know, the Grinch!" I immediately knew what our costumes had to be this year. So here you have it, the Grinch, Cindy Lou Who, and the dog Max with a branch on its head.

Happy Halloween!

9 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Oh yes, I can totally see it..Cindy Lou! (except Clara is cuter)

You forgot to mention also seeing your cousin and his wife on Halloween week. I can hardly wait for the pictures McKay took while there!

Angela and Daniel said...

You guys are so creative! And Clara is just so adorable. Love the costumes.

Alisa said...

You guys look awesome...and, geez I wish we lived closer so we could score some of those goodies!!
Yum-o!

Matt and Ness said...

Oh, cute! You guys should have won for best costume.

Robin said...

I tried to reach in and get one of those cookies but all I got was scraped knuckles. I love frosted sugar cookies - but only homemade ones. You'll be glad to know we were planning a Christmas bowling party with your parents tonite... That baby is nothing but adorable and that grinch and dog... well I just don't have words.

sarah e. said...

You really should have won--your costumes are fab! (Though the Peter Pan costumes are great too.) And I wish I was your neighbor...I could go for a caramel apple right now. Yours look delish! :)

Taber & Rebecca said...

You LOOK fabulous! I never would have thought of doing something like that. And I do agree that your costumes are better than the Peter Pan ones, I think yours is more original, but hey, maybe I'm just biased.

Cyndy and George said...

I heart Cindy Lou Who!

Nate and Julie said...

That wasn't the best picture of the Peter Pan crew. They were awesome, trust me!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure