Sunday, September 11, 2011

Star Struck

Yesterday Clara got to meet a couple of her heroes. Rocky Mountain PBS was doing a kids fair down town and we knew she would be delighted to meet Curious George and Clifford, so we braved the heat (it was only around 80, but it was on asphalt) and fought for parking and made her dreams come true. It was totally worth it!

She was a little hesitant at first
Then Daddy whisked in before George got rushed off to go on stage. We waited in line for about 15 minutes and were the last ones to get a picture before he went on stage.

Then we were off to find the line for Clifford. This line was longer--we waited about 20 minutes--but it was totally worth it.
She was a little shy at first, then she hugged him for probably a minute solid. She loves that dog! All yesterday evening and all day today at random times she would say "hug Clifford" to remind us that she got to hug Clifford.
We ended the afternoon with a trip to our favorite ice cream shop, Bonnie Brae. It is an old-fashioned ice cream shop that makes all their own ice cream. They have "itty-bitty" golf-ball sized cones just for little kids. Nate asked her if she wanted chocolate and she said "No! Pink!" So she got pink. What can I say? She's a girl. (Although I personally would have stuck with the chocolate.)

4 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

What a fun day. I love Clifford too. I have all his books. LOL

Andi said...

clara is a doll.
i LOVE bonnie brae.
denver is the best.

Marcus Lane said...

this is great! and we miss the bonnie brae ice cream!! we went there a couple times and loved it!!

Alli said...

Hahaha I love this post! I love you!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure