We have been having a great fall--except for the 6 inches of snow we got on Wednesday. It's gone now, so we will pretend it never happened!
Grace has been smiling a lot more and is as sweet as could possibly be--I mean look at the rolls on those arms! How could you not love that little round face?
Clara's personality is blossoming more and more all the time and I (mostly) love it! This is her dassing (dancing).
We took a quick trip out to Utah last weekend to see Kyle and Jeneca and go to the BYU/Idaho St. football game. The weather was perfect, Kyle and Jen were great hosts, BYU dominated on the field, and the girls were angels in the car. We couldn't have asked for a better trip!
Here is Grace in her gameday outfit. Clara DID NOT want her picture taken, so we will try to get a shot of her BYU outfit another time. Thanks to Aunt Krissy for watching Grace and the little girl next to us for sharing her candy with Clara, it was a great game for all!
I have had our Halloween costumes planned for awhile...ever since I discovered this dress my mom had saved. She made it for me when I was Clara's age and it was the perfect Dorothy dress. The only problem was that I have a very opinionated toddler and she had no clue who Dorothy was. So last week I introduced her to a "new, fun movie" (don't worry we only watched the happy parts--no freaky monkeys!) and every time Dorothy came on the screen we talked about her "pretty blue dress and pretty red shoes." Manipulative, yes. Shameless, yes. But it worked! She was so excited for her costume when I showed it to her on Thursday that she insisted on wearing it the rest of the day. And she was the cutest little Dorothy I have ever seen!
Here's the whole family. Grace loved her costume too, she is just a little stingy with her smiles. And...we won the costume contest for best family costume! I guess the judges were as smitten with our little Dorothy as we were!
All week Nate has been telling Clara they were going to go jump in the leaves. Well, today was the big day and she was so excited! At first she didn't quite know what to do.





8 comments:
yay! so excited to see pictures of my cute nieces. excited to see you guys at christmas!
Ooooohh the Dorothy!! Great method too, haha:)
cute pictures! cute girls! cute costumes! cute family! just all around CUTE!
Yes yes. I love all of this.
PS!! Next week Matt has a 2nd interview for an internship at a hospital in AURORA! We really hope we get it so we can be neighbors!
No way! Is he coming out here for the interview?
We missed you guys at Kris' but got to see/meet baby Grace!!
LOVE it! Looks like you're doing a GREAT job being a mommy of two!
I LOVE your story about getting Clara to wear your old Dorothy costume. Also, that last picture melts my heart.
Post a Comment