I have loved the Olympics since Atlanta 1996. I blame it on my dad. He has had a lifelong love of the Olympics. His love went deep enough that he took us to Atlanta in 1996 to be part of history. At the time, I don't think that I fully appreciated the magnitude and awesomeness of being there. But now I am in awe just thinking about that experience. I can't help but get anxious in anticipation the weeks and days leading up to the games every 2 years (yes, I love the winter games too). I keep the TV on every waking hour and stay up way too late for 2 weeks straight. I have come to the conclusion that it is the perfect combination of many things that I love and am fascinated by:
1. tradition
2. America
3. sports
4. personality pieces
5. obscure facts
6. different cultures
7. competition
8. rooting for the underdog
9. record breaking/history in the making
I love to watch gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, and diving. But I also get excited for rowing, track and field, archery, and just about anything else I can watch.
What are your favorite events?
2 days ago
1 comment:
You and I love the same four events! I record everything, so when I get home, I turn the TV right on and start watching what I've missed! I love fast-forwarding through events I don't really care about, and watching some events over and over again!
Post a Comment