While I do love raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens here are a few of my favorite things as of late: (all pictures come from google images)
Bolthouse Farms Juices
My parents introduced me to these when they were visiting. They aren't cheap, but when you need something fresh, fast, and on the go, they can't be beat. The one in my fridge right now has 3 1/4 apples, 4 2/3 mangoes, 92 (yes, ninety-two!) acerola cherries, and 3 1/2 pears in one 32 oz. bottle. That's a lot to pack into one bottle. They are made in Bakersfield, so you know they are good.The strawberry banana is my favorite so far.
Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese
If you haven't tried this, get some. Costco usually carries it. It really is the world's best medium cheddar.
Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears
These are usually my treat of choice when we visit the BYU campus. Nate even ordered a pound from the BYU bookstore once and had them shipped to our house for Valentine's Day. But he will have to find a new way to woo me because these babies are in the bulk bins at WinCo. I have only bought them twice since moving here, but that has required massive self-control.
WinCo
While we are on the subject, the bulk bins alone make me love WinCo oh so much.
The Amazing Race
We have cut back a lot on our TV viewing around here but I don't think we will ever be able to drop The Amazing Race. I love the drama, the competition, the culture, pretty much everything about it. I could never be on the show because I have no sense of direction, cannot force myself to eat weird foods, and am basically a chicken when it comes to extreme sports.
The Heroes of Olympus series
These books were written for pre-teens, but I love them. I never knew how much I loved Greek mythology until I found the Percy Jackson books. The Heroes of Olympus are the sequel series to Percy Jackson. Last I checked, I was number 83467896 on the wait list at the library for this latest book, but I am slowly learning the art of patience.
Crispix
Everyone in my family loves Crispix. They're not cardboard healthy, but they're not candy sweet either. They are just right.
English Cucumbers
If you are still buying regular cucumbers, stop! The only reason to buy a regular cucumber is to save 50 cents, but it's worth the extra money (and I am pretty cheap). In my opinion, these have better texture, don't need to be peeled, taste better, and last longer. And my kids LOVE them!
Grilled Cheese on Sourdough
Is there a better comfort food in the world? I don't think so.
Dreyer's Rocky Road Ice Cream--no substitutes!
Real almonds, real marshmallows (none of this marshmallow swirl stuff) in rich chocolate ice cream. It doesn't get better than that.
Story Time
Our library here has a great toddler story time. There are usually only 10-15 kids, it is only 20 minutes long, there are lots of songs and stories, and my kids love it. It is a great weekly tradition for us.
The foodie in me hates that I love this so much, but I do. I will always love The Bell.
Colored Skinny Jeans
I used to think this was a pretty ridiculous trend. You might still think that way. But once I got myself a pair of pink skinny jeans my life was forever changed. Seriously, I feel invigorated every time I wear them. In those jeans I can conquer the world!
Christmas Decorations
Who doesn't love Christmas? My new favorite thing is to go into any given store and just walk the Christmas aisles. I don't care if it is only October and the Christmas section is as big as the Halloween section already. I love walking up and down those aisles when they are not crowded and the merchandise is not picked over. They are still in their pristine state of beauty. It makes me giddy just thinking about it.
There you have it. A little insight into what delights me these days. What are some of your favorite things?














7 comments:
When I came home from school today Andrew said, "you know, The Mark of Athena is only $10 at Costco?!" We are excited about that book too!
PS- I'm not so concerned about convincing Nate to move to California. It's those stinkin parents of yours that are worrying me! Looking for houses in Bosie already? Oh we'll, I guess I can settle for one week a year. We gotta get you guys to camp soon:)
I remember when Crispix first came out. It was about 1993. We loved them so much we brought a box over to a new family in our ward.
I have never heard of Bolthouse Farm Juices. I will look into it. I wonder if they have any with greens in them?
This post makes me want to come live at your house.
And you know, I'm slowly getting on board with the skinny jean thing. I am not as on board with the colored skinnies, but I have seen them worn really well, which makes me think that maybe they aren't so ridiculous after all.
So you guys should probably make the drive to the Oregon Coast and go to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. They give you tours, you can try lots of cheese and they have a good restaurant with cheese, and yummy ice cream! I'm sure you would love it. We would even meet you there!!
Marcus, we've been. Nate's family had a reunion out on the Oregon coast a few years ago and we toured the factory. That was my first Tillamook experience. We are hooked!
Love this! I love your write-ups on each, especially Taco Bell and colored skinnies. I finally found a pair of skinny jeans I like. When I first wanted some a few years ago, they weren't quite as easy to find. But I've been a fan of colored pants for ages. I have a favorite pair of coral capris I got after having Maggie that still make me feel cool. And I too don't mind a little Taco Bell now and again, but am sometimes embarrassed to admit it.
You are so fun! And one day we are going to call each other at the right time...
I hear you on the skinny jeans. I used to think they were a bad trend but now I think they're cute. Go figure! I need to go buy a pair myself... :)
I love M&Ms and Diet Coke. If I can have one of those it seriously makes my day brighter. Weird how something so insignificant can make you happy!
Post a Comment