While I still have a bit of catching up to do, I thought it would be best to continue on with the present. We had an awesome Fourth of July this year! Here are the pictures to prove it!
We started out with a new tradition (we seem to have lots of "new" traditions, it's continuing them that is tricky) of fried scones and fruit for breakfast.
We had powdered sugar with fresh lemon to squeeze on (my favorite), cinnamon and sugar (Nate's fave), and plain with butter and honey (a close second for me). They were deeee-licious!
Then we went outside to put up the flag and do the Pledge of Allegiance.
Next we headed downtown for the parade. We got a nice shady spot right up front!
All Clara wanted was to see a clown. When she saw this one from across the street she started laughing and giggling hysterically. Well, the clown came right over to her and said, "I heard you from way over there! Mom, get out your camera!" Needless to say, it made Clara's day!
The bagpipes were a highlight for me.
And the stilt walkers were pretty cool.
After the parade we went to the park for the chalk festival, but somehow I didn't get any pictures.
Later we BBQd at Nana and Papa's. The cousins always have too much fun when they are together!
Patiently waiting for fireworks.
Gracie's first sparkler.
And Clara's first sparkler that she wasn't afraid of.
Overall, I think it was a great holiday. I love America!
No comments:
Post a Comment