For our next adventure we took the long (13+ hour) drive to California. If you don't think driving is an adventure then you've never driven through eastern Oregon and northern Nevada in a small car with a 1 and 3 year old. As exciting as the drive from Boise to Visalia is, I didn't take any pictures. If you haven't had the joy of experiencing it, picture sagebrush as far as the eye can see for hours and hours and hours and hours and then you will know what it's like. All kidding aside, the drive wasn't as awful as we expected it to be and our kids are champion travelers. The main reason for our visit was for Family Camp, but that's for another post.
The day after we arrived it was Nate's birthday.
These girls were so excited for him to open his presents. Clara had chosen some things around the house to wrap up and give to him just from her. They included an almost empty bottle of lotion and a couple magnets off the fridge.
We had an amazing feast with some fantastic guests.
It takes a lote of work to blow out 29 candles!
I think the girls approved of Nate's choice of chocolate on chocolate.
Alli and Ashley along with their cute families were nice to enough to join us for the birthday festivities. It was so fun to see them all!
And this is the devilishly handsome birthday boy (this picture is from last Halloween). I am so blessed to wake up next to him each morning. He is the hardest working person I know and he's fun! He's always up for a good time and he makes me laugh daily. He takes his responsibilities as a priesthood holder and father very seriously and treats me like gold. Happy, happy birthday to Nate! Here's to your first 29th birthday!
1 comment:
I like the "treats you like gold" part the best!
Post a Comment