Thursday, September 20, 2007

Circus Act


I haven't written in a long time, so I figured I would give you all an update. Julie and I went to the Utah State Fair last Friday with Devin and Ashley Doxey. All I can say is that Julie saw a 1000 pound pig, we saw a guy catch a bowling ball with his face, and I juggled knives. Yes, all of the above are true statements. Basically all of our excitement in going to the State Fair was based on rumors that there was actually a guy who catches bowling balls with his face as part of his show. So naturally we went to his show, and toward the end he asked for a volunteer. Naturally Julie volunteered me. So I got up onstage, and after a few minutes of comedic bantering...the crowd loves me. He got out some knives and asked if I knew how to juggle. I responded that I had juggled a little, yes. Suddenly he went down and sat next to Julie in the crowd and just looked up at me and said, "So, can you do it?"

At this point I'm not sure what went through my head. Call it insanity, egoism, or just plain amazing awesomeness, but in my mind I thought, "Of course I can juggle knives!" So I went for it. I actually did ok for a couple seconds until the performer realized what I was actually doing and screamed, which scared me enough causing me to drop the knives. One of them unfortunately hit my right foot, went through my shoe and foot, and pinned it to the stage. I screamed from pain and blood spurt all over the people on the front row........

Ok, everything was true except for the knife hitting my foot, but you were pretty scared I bet. I hope my mom reads this. Anyway, It was my moment of fame and it was a pretty good time. Besides that, I have just been doing homework and working. I applied for graduation yesterday, which was exciting, but now I have to find a job....not so exciting. If any of you want to hire an atleast moderately qualified financial consultant....I'm your man!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Andi and Spencer are staying at our tiny apartment this weekend! Andi is shooting a wedding in town so they are staying with us Friday and Saturday night. We are really excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have sore foot.

Alisa said...

I bet you could be an awesome knife juggler, you just need a purple zoot(sp?) suit.


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure