Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our Exciting Weekend

Ok, so our weekend wasn't that exciting, but I felt like posting, so here it goes. It all started on Friday night when we went to the BYU volleyball game. We LOVE volleyball around here. So we walked into the game, picked up our volleyopoly pieces (a game like unto monopoly where you collect pieces at each game and try to create winning combinations), checked our board, and what do ya know? We had won! Not only had we won, but we won an ipod shuffle. So that was pretty sweet. Needless to say, Nate had fun playing with it when we got home. The next day was the ward Fall Festival. Ya know, games, food, fun, and a pie eating contest! We both participated. I wish I could say we were victorious, but alas we were not. But the pie was good, so it was worth it. That night we went to another volleyball game, did I mention that we love volleyball? This time we won again! I won a t-shirt, and Nate won a gift certificate for free ice cream, and a sweet blue spirit wig, AND a volleyball! Yea, we know, we really cashed in. Then we came home. It was only 9:30 and not wanting to go to bed yet, we did the most logical thing. We pulled out the old-school 8 bit Nintendo and played Super Mario Brothers 3 for the next 3 hours!!! Apparently you can never really run out of lives in those old games. Apparently you can't save your game either! I was bitter to discover this at 12:30 am when I really, really wanted to go to bed, but I wanted oh so badly to pass the game as well. Oh well, that will have to wait for another fun-filled weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!! speaking of volleyball I keep forgetting to tell you that a few weeks ago Darin called and said that he was watching a byu vb game and saw both of you on tv. so you are not only great fans you are now tv stars. congrats on all your wins this weekend too


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure