Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Disaster of a Date...well sort of

So last night we were fairly excited because I had this fun date planned for us. The plan was to start at the BYU/Utah gymnastics meet, then go to our favorite ice cream parlor, Leatherby's, for sundaes and french fries. So we got all geared up for the meet, matching BYU caps and all. We got to the Marriott Center and there were hardly any cars there. There were enough to make us think there was definitely something going on, but not enough for a "sporting event" crowd. I know gymnastics isn't basketball, but there weren't even enough cars for the parents of all the gymnasts! So the first door we tried was locked. Finally we got in and saw the basketball clinic that was going on. Frustrated at the lack of gymnastics we walked down to the Tanner building to get online and find out what was going on. We discovered the lack of gymnastics was due to Julie's lack of calendar-reading skills apparently. The meet was on Friday. But we still had ice cream and french fries to look forward to! We weren't hungry just yet so we went home, watched the end of "School of Rock", played a little of the 8 bit, then headed out to Leatherby's. Upon arriving at Leatherby's it was dark without a soul in sight. Now it was 10 pm on a Saturday night, I'm pretty sure that's usually their busiest time. There was a not so welcoming sign saying something to the effect of "Due to unforeseen circumstances we have been forced to close. Please visit our Taylorsville location." Needless to say, we were bummed. I don't know where Taylorsville is, but I'm pretty sure it's not close. So we settled on McDonald's sundaes and fries because McDonald's is never closed. So there you have it. That was the date to McDonald's. On the plus side, I did get to be with my cute hubby and relive my childhood with a McDonald's sundae. I hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

Hey Julie- I was looking around at blogs and found yours, It's good to "See" you.


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure