All growing up I always heard "you are so much like your mom." It wasn't until the last few years that I really appreciated what an incredible compliment that was/is. I think most of you know how incredible my mom is. So I thought in honor of Mother's Day yesterday, I would list off the qualities I got from her...or rather qualities she has that I would like to think I possess as well.
-long legs
-beautiful smile
-freckles
-love of food
-love to cook
-patience
-love of talking on the phone
-love of exploring new restaurants
-friend to all
-listening ear
-ability to talk for hours
-love of entertaining/hosting others in her home
-love of music
-ability to play the piano
-love of flowers and the outdoors
-family first
-appreciation of alone/quiet time
-love of reading and learning
-excitement to try new recipes
-thoughtfulness
-organized (that's more her, less me...I'm working on it)
-great wife (you'll have to ask Nate if I qualify for that one)
-wonderful mother (still yet to be proven for me)
I Love You MOM!!!
Now, for my daughter. I'm convinced she is going to be a mini-me, at least at first. So far, this is what she has going for her: (Think me, circa freshman year of college.)
-eats A LOT
-sleeps A LOT
-when she is not eating or sleeping she is known to have dance parties in her cramped living quarters (for me it was my dorm room, for her it is my belly)
Like I said before, a mini-me.
2 days ago
4 comments:
bahaha, you kill me. I demand a belly picture!
Hilarious! I second Alli's request. Put on the tightest shirt you own and have a photo shoot. I'm sure your belly is looking pretty cute!
ok, that last comment was probably kind of funny. I suggested a tight shirt just so we could see how far your little mini-me is making your stomach stick out!
You do have an amazing mother and you are very much like her. I'm sure you will be a great mother to Natalia! :)
Post a Comment