Thursday, July 9, 2009

update

So that is probably the lamest title ever, but here's exactly that, an update of the last few weeks.

We have done a lot of painting...well more like Nate has done a lot of painting and I have done a lot of supervising! This is our living room. We just did the one wall this color and I LOVE it!

This is me wearing my trusty mask so I can help occasionally. We also repainted all the white in the living room, including the ceiling, because it was dingy and dirty. We started painting the baby's room a "pale" yellow that turned out not to be so pale. I go back and forth between liking it and hating it and I can't bring myself to finish it!


We spent a week in Boise. This is Wyoming's claim to fame, the smallest town in America. Buford, WY population 1. It consisted of a rest stop/trading post with a cute little log house behind it.

13 hours on the road and you're bound to see some interesting things, like this semi pulling a helicopter.

This is at the Boise 4th of July parade. Nate is showing the next generation how to operate the water gun.

This is Nate, soaked, after the traditional water fight.

And this is us enjoying some fireworks with the fam. I hope you all had a great holiday!

8 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I would like to meet that one person in Buford. He's probably very boring, living alone and all.
Love the wall! Do we get to see your LR when it is finished?

Hema and Becky said...

I love house projects - especially when they are done! You look so cute Julie! I am excited for that baby to get here! As for the bright yellow, I bet it will be really cute once the room is decorated! Nice and cheery!

Adam and Julie H. said...

It was good to see you.

sarah e. said...

It's fun to see what you are up to! I know exactly what you mean about the yellow. I painted Maggie's room yellow before she was born, and the color was a little brighter than I intended, so I went back and forth between loving and hating it while I was painting. But after it was all decorated and there was furniture in the room and things on the walls, it looked really cute and didn't seem as bright as I worried at first.

But if yours is really bright and you haven't done too much yet, you might consider bringing it back to the store and asking them to add some white or blue to tone it down. Or ask the paint mixture guy's suggestion. They will usually tweak a paint color for free (I've had that done before). You just have to make sure that you will still have enough to do the whole room in your adjusted color because if they do that it is hard to recreate that color. Paint colors are hard to choose, but when you find the right one so worth it.

Love you and wish I was there to see it all in person. Good luck as your the baby countdown grows shorter!!

Brittany said...

I love that color of brown you are painting. Post pics of the baby room when you get it done. I would love to see it!

The Pixton Family said...

Post more home pics- You look so cute with that pregnant belly!

Brittney said...

Fun pictures. Glad you guys are doing well. Hopefully that drive to ID wasn't too bad. I remember when we drove from UT to CA when I was 8 months prego, I came back sooooo swollen. It was pretty ugly. I'm sure you did much better. I can't wait for your little girl to come!

Camille Huber said...

You are looking fantastic pregnant! It looks like you are having fun getting your house all ready for that baby girl. We miss you :)


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure