So lots of other people have posted about their dads in honor of Father's day. Well, I have an amazing father as well, I just have been too lazy to blog about it. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of him on my computer here at work, but I stole this one off of my aunt Jill's blog.
If you couldn't tell, my dad's the one on the far right in the front. But if you couldn't tell, I'm guessing you've never met him, because it looks just like him!
Well, here's a few reasons why my dad is so great!
-he is always excited to talk to me on the phone
-he has the greatest advice!
-he can find ANYTHING that is lost...I wish he were here to find my wallet
-he loves to travel and was always willing to take us kids on his business trips...the hotel was always the best part
-he gets excited about little things like getting a hotel room on the top floor and learning something new
-he is always reading at least 3 books and loves to share what he learns from them
-he made me the critical thinker that I am today
-he always respected and loved my mom and expected us to do the same
-he has an answer to EVERY question
-he always puts family above work
-we are welcome at the office anytime
-he loves to come out and support us in all that we do
-he is always learning a new skill or hobby...have you seen the ducks he's carved? They are amazing!
-he is a man of many hobbies...throughout my childhood I remember him having all of the following hobbies at one time or another: coin collecting, duck carving, reading, rock tumbling, star gazing, model cars, and the list goes on. He knows a ton about each one and loves to share all that he knows.
-he knows how to unwind and relax with the best of them
-he is a hard worker
-he taught me everything I know about playing cards
-he doesn't value his material possessions too much. he has loaned his car to just about anyone and when asked if he's crazy he always responds "It's only a car."
-he loves others...I can tell because he doesn't speak negatively of them.
-he loves me and is the greatest dad ever!
I love you dad!
2 days ago
2 comments:
Great Father's Day post Julie!!! Remember when your dad loaned his brand new Lexus to Chris for prom???? I thought he was out of his mind.
What a great list! There are a few things on it I didn't know...like the duck carving and star gazing!
Post a Comment