So today's the day Nick entered the MTC. I can't believe he is that old. I still think of him as the squirrly little 5 year old with the crooked glasses who could not sit still and was constantly running into things. (I can say that because he won't be reading this for awhile!) He was so excited when I talked to him last night. I know he will make an awesome missionary. We missed the MTC send off (the family couldn't go in due to swine flu anyways) but we did manage to make a little trip home for his farewell. Somehow we got away without any pictures of him or the family, but we have plenty of pictures detailing our trip in first class and the baby shower!
Oh, and sorry about the underlines, if I knew how to fix them I would...trust me.
Disclaimer...we do not belong in first class. We were by far the youngest, poorest, most underdressed there. How did we come upon these tickets you are wondering? Well, as it turns out it costs the same number of frequent flyer miles (thanks Dad for the miles) to fly first class on a holiday weekend as it does to fly economy, so we did the only logical thing and upgraded.
So this is what a first class ticket looks like. I had never seen one before. It includes priority boarding and...drum roll please, a special line that gets you to the front of the security line...priceless!
Upon arriving in first class, you receive a drink before you even take off (aka while the peons are boarding). Then shortly after take-off we were served these cute bowls of warm mixed nuts. These were followed by a warm towel for cleaning the salt off our hands. We thought that was all the food we would get and we were quite pleased.
Then dinner arrived. This is the Cobb salad with chicken and turkey bacon with a side of pita chips and cream cheese dip. Delicious! Needless to say, we were spoiled and are now ruined. I don't know if I can ever fly again, that is until I am wealthy enough to fly first class all the time or develop amnesia so I don't remember that blissful experience.
These are the cute cookies from the baby shower my aunts threw for me. Everything was beautiful and delicious and everyone was so generous. It was a great party!
My favorite part was how all the little girl cousins gathered around for an up close view of all the gifts.
This is the beautiful quilt my mom made. Isn't it amazing! Apparently she had the same gut feeling I had that it was a girl because I believe this blanket was in the works long before the baby was! I love it!
And for those of you who made it to the end of the post. Here's a shot at 24 weeks. Yes, I am definitely pregnant.
2 days ago
7 comments:
Did it bring back memories of being the main event at your baptism when all the kids came close? I always think of baptisms when the kids scoot forward.
The quilt is beautiful and how fun to fly first class! Especially pregnant...sometimes I feel kind of claustrophobic when I'm pregnant. I better never fly first. I'm certain I wouldn't want to go back.
And isn't it nice to finally look definitely pregnant? Last time I hated the in between stage where I just felt like I just looked like big but not necessarily pregnant. I guess I'm headed toward that stage again soon. :)
I too can hardly believe Nick is at the MTC!!!!!!!!!! I still vividly remember the first day I met him in my parents' living room. I'll never forget the spirit in the room that day. Den and I also remember the weekend Alex was sealed, and how we were all staying at the same hotel...and it seemed every time we would get in the elevator, there would be Nick riding up and down by himself. Tyler is still teaching at the MTC and I'll call him today and ask him to go check on Nick. Things are very different there now he says due to the Swine Flu. No hand shaking allowed anymore, for one.
What fun! I love the quilt. Post more photos of your new home.
Nate,
What was it like using a "Man Bib" in First Class?
Julie,
I think Nate will be a natural at changing diapers. Just make sure you give him plenty of opportunities.
I LOVE reading about your house! Isn't it fun to have house projects to work on? It wasn't long before Landon and I were on a first name basis witrh the Aurora Home Depot plumbing department. Just ask for Beany...he's extremely knowledgable and very friendly.
It was so much fun seeing your family! Nick is such a great young man, he will be a wonderful missionary. Baby showers are the best!
Post a Comment