Sunday, March 7, 2010

6 months!

Can you believe she's 6 months old already, because I can't! At her check-up this week her stats were as follows:
height: 27.5 in. --97th percentile
weight: 18 lbs. 4.5 oz--90th percentile
head: 18 in. --97th percentile
Some of her favorite things include bath time, daddy time, her exersaucer and bumbo, blowing raspberries, making lots of fun noises, babbling, putting things in her mouth, rolling over (finally!), watching me cook dinner, going for walks in the stroller, singing songs, reading books, and generally being a very happy baby. She has tried several foods. She likes eating solids but still struggles with eating off of a spoon. Her favorite so far is frosting...oops, maybe that wasn't on the list of approved foods, but she loved it and licked her lips for a couple minutes afterwards! (She has a sweet tooth, what can I say? She is my daughter!) She likes most things we put in her mouth except of course the amoxicillin she's supposed to take for a pesky ear infection. She is really good at throwing a fit when that stuff comes her way. She has eaten rice cereal, oatmeal, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peas, applesauce, and pears. Oddly enough she has the hardest time with the fruits and seems to prefer the veggies. She makes some pretty funny faces every time we give her fruit. These pictures come from her photo shoot with my friend Rachel. Rachel is a very talented photographer and we're glad Clara cooperated enough to get lots of cute shots! I think these pictures really showcase her personality. Enjoy!













13 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

She is too cute. I love all of her pictures.

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Julie, I love the picture of the two of you together! What a darling baby you have! (In case you don't know me, I'm in your parents ward and found your blog through another ward member's blog.)

sarah e. said...

Sooo cute! All the pictures came out fabulous. I especially love the one of baby and mommy! :)

sarah e. said...

P.S. Love the polka dots of course and the black-and-white shots with the color brought out are cool. I love pictures like that!

Cyndy and George said...

She is absolutely adorable!!!! She STILL looks so much like you. Is her hair red???? so cute!

Jessica F. said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE!

The Laytons said...

I LOVE the pictures! I think you SHOULD put them all over your house like we talked about! And I'm glad she's eating frosting! She's already one of the girls!!

Matt and Ness said...

cuuute! I want to scoop her up! So so adorable.

Hema and Becky said...

What a doll!!! She is so cute and has the sweetest smile. I love all the pictures, especially the one of the 2 of you. Cute cute!

Grandma Honey said...

What a happy happy baby. My favorite picture is the one of you and her together!!!

The Pixton Family said...

Great photos, what a cutie!

Andi said...

cutie pie!

Brittney said...

What a doll. That smile is too cute!

The word on the street is true...we'll be there for the fourth. What are your plans? That would be so fun to meet Clara!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure