Between minimal sleep the night before and a trip to doctor's office with a double ear infection, we did manage to celebrate Valentine's day. I just didn't get around to posting about it. This year we started a new tradition. Starting February 1 we all had a mailbox with our name on it. All month long we have gotten random love notes and treats from one another. It was a lot of fun! I got the mailboxes for a buck each at Target and we decorated them for family night, doesn't get much better than that!
I saw this cute wreath on ourbestbites.com and it looked so easy and so cute I had to make it! It turned out better than I anticipated. I didn't get it done until a couple days before Valentine's Day so it will be staying up at least until the end of the month. Just looking at it makes me happy!
This was Nate's Valentine's breakfast (after 2 hours of sleep and getting up to teach seminary, he appreciated it more than I had anticipated.)
Nate was a sweet heart and ordered me a pound of chocolate covered cinnamon bears from the BYU bookstore...my favorite! I hope you all had a great Valentine's day!
2 days ago
5 comments:
Sooo cute! Love the mailbox idea. My girls are really into putting things into envelopes lately and I was going to make them a ghetto mailbox out of a shoebox...but maybe I can get to Target and get the real deal! :)
And as for bows, Maggie would agree with Clara that more is better. She has tried to go out wearing several mismatching ones before and been very upset when I tried to dissuade her.
What a wonderful V-day tradition you started this year!
Who had the double ear infection, you or Clara? That must have HURT.
That was Clara. She had no symptoms, except for screaming all night! No fever or anything, but I'm glad I took her in. She is back to her happy self now.
Poor baby. I remember when Tyler was about her age he did the same thing. It was a VERY long night.
We must be related because I cannot get enough of those chocolate covered cinnamon bears. So good!
Post a Comment