Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Clara's Kitchen

Several months ago Nate and I decided it would be fun to make Clara a play kitchen. Nate loves a good project and an excuse to buy and use power tools. So he found a pattern online that looked easy enough and got to work. This was around March and we jokingly said that this would be Clara's birthday present this year. Well, at about 10:30 pm on September 2 (her birthday is the 3rd) the kitchen was finally finished! (In our defense, we took a 3-4 month "break" in there.) It was a lot more of a headache than either one of us anticipated and was definitely a learning experience, but it turned out beautiful! Clara loves it, I love it, and it could not have been a better birthday gift!

Here it is! Don't you just love that paint color? The plans for this come from anawhite.com. If you are unfamiliar with Ana White, she has plans for making just about any kind of wood project. This one was fairly straight forward with great diagrams and directions.
Here is the fridge. It has magnets at the top to keep the doors shut.
And here's the sink. The faucet is a pipe, with wooden knobs from JoAnns, the sink is a bowl and the curtain is the only part of this I can say that I made!
And my favorite part is the stove! The burners are wooden circle/coaster things from Hobby Lobby and the hinge is spring loaded to keep it from falling open on little toes and I love the plexiglass in the door so you can watch your cookies bake. This project may have been a lot of work, but it was also a lot of fun! We are already talking about what project we can do next!

3 comments:

Kristen Pace said...

So cute! I bet Clara loved her birthday present...you two are so crafty!!

Jessica F. said...

You rock. It is darling in every way!

The Pixton Family said...

Wow! You guys are awesome!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure