Friday, January 13, 2012

Resolutions

Like many of you we set some resolutions around here. Some of our biggest ones are to exercise more and be more organized around the house. We started out by using some Christmas money to get a treadmill. 70 bucks (50 for the treadmill and 20 for the truck to transport it) well spent! The kids love playing in the exersaucer and watch movies on our new portable dvd player while I burn a few calories. Nate has also gotten back into running and plans to run a few races this summer. Last weekend we put up shelves in the kids' closet to organize the toys and it is a huge improvement in our quality of life! I also have a goal to do more pre-school type activities with Clara and to decorate our home more with some diy projects. I'm sure that this will take all year to decorate how I want, but I will be sure to post pictures as I make progress.
Clara found her dad's running shoes and wanted to show them off.
We spent "pre-school time" today making Cheerio necklaces. She was way more into it than I had anticipated.
So proud to model her necklace. I can't stand how grown up she looks in this picture!
We've been building houses with the blocks a lot lately. Here is one of her many creations.
This is a little project I've been working on thanks to inspiration from my cousin Laura. So easy, so cute!
Our organized toy closet!
I took pictures of what is in each bin so Clara can identify where things go.
If you can excuse the mismatched tie-dye and stripes, how could you resist that round face, those big eyes, and that roly poly body?

5 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I had forgotten all about the cheerio or Fruit Look necklace idea! I'm going to do that with the twins.

I notice your pretty floors...do you like them? They look like they have a red tint and that is what I'm looking for I think. Did you put those in?

Also, I think it's funny how you all your girls "the kids" now. They just seem so grown up!

Matt and Ness said...

grace is all grown up! what a sweetie. I have similar resolutions for this year...so many projects for the home that I can't wait to get started on. I WISH we were going to be neighbors so we could craft and exercise together!

Kristen Pace said...

oh my goodness they are getting so big! adorable girls!!

Nate and Julie said...

Jill, we love our floors, but they came with the house, so I have no idea what the color is called. The color is a medium shade similar to my mom's hardwood floors.

sarah e. said...

Good to see your updates! We have been doing some of the same and also not up on blogging about it. :)


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure