Thursday, February 2, 2012

A fun January

Historically January is my least favorite month. The weather, let down after the holidays, lack of fun  things to look forward to, etc just adds up to not very much fun. This January was the best January I can remember!

 One of my New Year's Resolutions was to do something pre-school like/fun and unique at least 3 days a week with Clara. This is a fun and easy one that I found on Pinterest. We just took turns putting pipe cleaners in a colander, and she loved it!

 Clara loves to dress up, especially in Daddy's things!
 This is Clara's latest "smile for the camera" face. She has tea parties several times a day.

 One week for family night we baked cookies. They all just couldn't wait for the timer to ring!

 Nate has passed on his love of dipping cookies in milk to Clara...what a great tradition!

 Gracie wants to know why she doesn't get any cookies...
 We took a trip on Saturday afternoon down to the temple. Clara loved seeing the temple. We were lucky enough to be there as a wedding party was coming out. Clara's favorite part of the day was the pretty white dress!

 The highlight of January was going to see Brad Paisley as part of his Virtual Reality Tour! Nate had gotten me tickets for my birthday. I kept having nightmares that our kids would get sick right before or our babysitter would fall through, but it all worked out perfectly! Thank you to our good friend Melanie for babysitting. It was a much needed night out and easily the best concert I've been to.
 So, our tickets may have been in the second to last row from the top, but it was still an amazing experience!

 This is when Carrie Underwood came out to sing their duet "Remind Me." It was the highlight for me. I couldn't believe I was actually hearing Carrie Underwood live! Was it really her, or was it all part of the "virtual reality" tricks? hmmmmm The highlight for Nate was when Tim Tebow came out on stage to "sing" with Brad. No tricks there, it was really Tim.
Overall it was a great night and a great month!

3 comments:

Shayne said...

What a fun date!!!! I'm glad you had such a great time! Cute pic of the two of you! :)

Taber & Rebecca said...

Your girls are darling! I'm glad they're getting along well (I'm sure they have their moments ;)).

It looks like you just might need to plan to go see a concert every January or some fun activity to look forward to! Maybe I should too!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous! Danielle got two tickets to Brad Paisley a few years ago and I got to go. Best concert ever! I'm glad you guys had fun.


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure