I have many fun things to post about: family pictures, a new to us (but older than us) truck--so exciting! and of course some rockin' Halloween costumes, but instead I have another food post. I made these for the second time this morning thinking that my memory about how delicious they are was distorted. But it was not! Now you can simply add pumpkin to your favorite pancake batter for an added punch of nutrition and flavor but every time I have done this the pancakes turned out dense and not so great. However, these pancakes are light, fluffy, pumpkiny perfection. Most of my family prefers them with chocolate chips mixed in. I like them with toasted pecans tossed in the batter or just plain. And don't forget the butter and maple syrup!
Pumpkin Pancakes
(recipe adapted from the Overland Ward Relief Society newsletter)
1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 cup milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
2 Tbs. oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Whisk dry ingredients together. Mix in wet ingredients. Make sure it is well-mixed but not over mixed. (There should still be a few lumps but no dry flour or streaks of egg.) Stir in desired mix-ins or top each pancake with the mix-ins as they cook. Cook on a hot, greased griddle. Makes 8-10 regular sized pancakes.

3 comments:
These sound delicious! I'll have to try them...we're pumpkin lovers around here! Thanks for posting!
Mmm! We made these this morning. Delicious!
Just made these for our New Year's breakfast. Delicious!! Thanks, Julie! Miss you!
Post a Comment