Monday, November 19, 2012

Do You Hear What I Hear?


I love Christmas music, a lot. Every year Nate and I have a "discussion" about what is the appropriate time to start listening to Christmas music. He is old school and says not until after Thanksgiving. I am of the opinion that anytime in November it is free game. He sticks to the argument that Thanksgiving cannot be forgotten by getting caught up in Christmas. I say why do they need to be mutually exclusive? I think that Thanksgiving is the perfect holiday to get us in the Christmas spirit. I have been listening to Christmas music unashamed for weeks. And I heard it on the radio the other day as well. If Dalilah thinks it's not too early for Christmas music than it must be ok. My favorites are Josh Groban: his whole "Noel" album and in addition "O Holy Night," Mariah Carey: "All I Want for Christmas," James Taylor: "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire," Charlie Brown: "Christmas Time is Here," and Rascal Flatts: "I'll Be Home for Christmas." What do you think? Is it too early? What's your cutoff? Do you have favorite songs?

3 comments:

Erica said...

I'm of the opinion it is perfectly acceptable to listen to Christmas music as soon as Halloween is over.

Kkelly said...

I say crank it up the day AFTER Thanksgiving. :) And I do have to say that Josh Groban's O Holy Night is one of my most favorite Christmas songs. So so moving.

David said...

Same as kids! Just because you have more than one, you don't love one more than the other. I say its perfectly possibly to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas at the same time, no problem! Listen to that music whenever your heart desires!
Love me some old classics, especially anything Bing Crosby. Miss you guys!
(by the way, this is Melanie...although I know Dave misses you too!)


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure