So I've seen a lot of people do lists of 100 things about themselves. I don't know if I can come up with 100, but I feel it's time to add to the blog so I'm going to give it a try. Don't feel obligated to read unless you really want to know me better. Here it goes!
1. my favorite color is red.
2. I love food...all kinds, but especially Mexican food.
3. By the time I got my braces off for good I had had them for one third of my life (7 years!).
4. I had surgery on my jaw when I was 20.
5. I once went 2 months consuming liquids only (see #4).
6. I always hated running until I met Nate, now I'm semi-converted.
7. My grandpa was an ultra-marathoner (no, I didn't get his genes).
8. My other grandpa is a real life cowboy and was a marine stationed at Pearl Harbor when it got bombed.
9. I went to the Olympics when I was 11.
10. I have never had a cavity.
11. The only time I have had a broken bone or stitches are from surgery.
12. I am my parents only biological child.
13. I have 2 amazing brothers.
14. I went to the temple to be sealed with my family twice (once after each of my brothers' adoptions).
15. I have been to 6? temple open houses.
16. I was the Tulare County math bowl champion in 8th grade.
17. I teach third grade.
18. I have known that I wanted to teach third grade since I was in third grade.
19. I love all kinds of chocolate.
20. I love holidays a lot. Most teachers learn to hate Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc because the kids are crazy, but I love holidays more than the kids do!
21. I sang choir and was in the school musicals in high school.
22. I am allergic to cats.
23. I prefer cats to dogs.
24. My favorite pet ever was a cat named Savannah Pearl who hung herself in a car window.
25. I love it when Nate pops my toes and back.
26. Disneyland is my favorite place in the world.
27. The night Nate proposed I said yes then freaked out and refused to wear the ring to school the next day (it all worked out in the end).
28. I love orange juice with my popcorn.
29. I prefer popcorn from an air popper to microwaved popcorn any day.
30. I love chocolate milk from the powder, not the syrup.
31. I got a perfect 36 on the math portion of the ACT.
32. I once took the LSAT just for fun to see how I would do and it was indeed fun.
33. I have lived in 2 cities my entire life, Visalia and Provo.
34. My dream job is to be Belle at Disneyland.
35. My favorite thing about Nate is that he can always make me laugh.
36. I love to think about things to the point that I tear them apart in my mind and think about every possible solution, scenario, possibility...it's exhilarating.
37. Nate proposed on Y Mountain.
38. I love sour patch kids.
39. I love watching almost all sports.
40. I love watching College Game Day on ESPN during football season and I have my mother to thank for it.
41. I love March Madness...thanks again mom.
42. I love to do word puzzles with my dad.
43. I will always root for the Cougars no matter who they are playing against...even Boise State.
44. I love to watch the Food Network.
45. I love lemon meringue pie.
46. I love orange soda.
47. My family went to this place called family camp every summer during my childhood and it was consistently the highlight of my summer.
48. I played volleyball from 4th to 9th grade.
49. I do not like meatballs or meatloaf.
50. I love trying new foods.
51. When I was about 4 I gave my friend a haircut, luckily our moms found us before we could "take turns."
52. The only time I remember being spanked as a child is when I ran away from home to gymnastics class.
53. I took piano lessons from age 5 to18, but I never practiced the piano so I can play the hymns and that's about it.
54. I have the best parents ever.
55. I still have the violin my parents bought me in 8th grade. I quit the violin after 9th grade.
56. My mom planned 75 % of my wedding and I thought it was the perfect wedding because she has amazing taste and consulted with me on most of the decisions.
57. I played soccer in 3rd and 4th grade for the treats after the games and the trophy at the end of the season.
58. If it didn't snow so much around here I would wear flip flops 12 months of the year.
59. I have always wanted to visit Washington D.C.
60. I am so blessed to have a husband who does more housework than I do.
61. I can't wait to have a dishwasher.
62. I collect musical snow globes (you know the really expensive ones from the Disney store) I have 3 and they all were gifts.
63. I hitchhiked once.
64. The only time I ever went skiing I went partway down the hill on skis, walked part way, and rode with the ski patrol the rest of the way.
65. I love to read but rarely have time for it.
66. I love going out to breakfast.
67. I love fresh strawberries, but only if they come from a roadside stand in California.
68. As a child my dad made the rule that I wasn't allowed to ask for anything I saw on T.V. for my birthday, Christmas, etc because I wanted everything I saw on T.V.
69. I can still sing several mid-90s commercial jingles.
70. I can sing the entire Saved by the Bell theme song (yes I was a T.V. junkie as a child).
71. My feet are as big as my husband's.
72. I was on a bowling team for 4 semesters while at BYU, however my average bowl is about a 75.
73. I am more like my mom than any person I know.
74. As a child my mom would have me balance her checkbook because she hated doing it, but I loved it.
75. I am a blog addict and refuse to get Facebook or Myspace as I know they would consume my life!
76. Growing up my family's nickname for me was SG, short for Servant Girl.
77. I was in the newspaper for ordering french fries in the school cafeteria right after I promised my dad I wouldn't eat just french fries for lunch anymore (I promise it was a basket of chicken and fries).
78. On our first date Nate took me to Applebees and dared me to get a steak. Not only did I get a steak but I ate every last bite.
79. Mine and Nate's first kiss was on my doorstep. I was wearing my pajamas and had my retainer in because I had already gotten ready for bed and didn't know he was coming over.
80. I love that Nate loves to bear his testimony and does it whenever he can.
81. I like to sing in the shower.
82. My third grade class is pen pals with my brother's third grade class.
83. I love not setting an alarm clock before I go to bed.
84. As much as I hate cold weather, I love scarves and have quite a collection.
85. My favorite movie is While You Were Sleeping.
86. I love American Idol.
87. I once spent half an hour pressing re-dial over and over to vote for Clay Aiken.
88. I own Clay Aiken's biography.
89. I have won things from the radio 3 times, but have never once claimed my prize.
90. I love county fairs and rodeos.
91. I love to cook.
92. I hate it when the toothpaste gets squeezed in the middle.
93. I hate it when the microwave has time left on it and no one presses clear.
94. My first ticket was for making an illegal u-turn at a spot where it is no longer illegal to make a u-turn (can I get my money back?).
95. I love Visalia, it is the perfect big, small town.
96. I can't wait to move to Denver.
97. My freshman year of college the favorite past time of me and my friends was "Jungle Combat".
98. I fell in love with Nate on a sand volleyball court.
99. Nate is better than me at most things but he will never admit it.
100. I honestly think that my husband is the perfect match for me and could not ask for a better one!
2 days ago
2 comments:
Thanks Julie. I learned a lot about you!
Julie- I LOVED loved LOVED (did I say LOVED!?!) reading this! I laughed so much and was so pleased that although we haven't spent a bunch of time together in recent years- I already knew a lot of this stuff! The more current facts I didnt know and it was such a treat to read. I am so glad you have a blog so I can peak in on your wonderful life and stay updated. It really makes me miss you a ton and want to hang out with you two so much. Use your rebate to come to Hawaii and stay with us! I promise it will be fun! :)
Post a Comment