Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cream Cheese and Chicken Yumminess

This one was a hint from a friend of ours and quickly became a favorite at our house. Super easy and super yummy! Enjoy!

I don't really know the name, but we call them "Chicken Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls"

1 can of chicken (regular chicken grilled and shredded works, but then you don't have the juices for the sauce)
1 block of cream cheese
1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls
small frozen vegetables -optional
chicken broth
corn starch
rice

1. Preheat the oven according to the crescent rolls directions
2. Drain the can of chicken but reserve the juice
3. Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, veggies, and salt & pepper to taste
4. Unroll the crescent rolls and generously spread the cream cheese mixture on each one
5. Roll them up just as you would crescent rolls except they willl be much fatter now
6. Bake according to the directions on the crescent rolls
7. While they are baking use the chicken juice, chicken broth, and some cornstarch dissolved in water to make a gravy
8. Serve over rice with gravy on top...yummy!

Hint: If you have extra filling, save it and put it in a grilled cheese sandwich another day with some cheddar cheese.

5 comments:

Steffy said...

Julie! That recipe looks delicious! I just stumbled on your blog and I am so happy! I really miss doing enrichment stuff with you and being in your ward!

Jenn said...

Love your recipes. I have heard this called Chicken Puffs or Chicken bundles. At any rate, I LOVE THEM! YUMMY!

I See Badgers said...

did I suggest this?...because I've been making this for a long time now...come to think of it, I did tell you this recipe!

Cindy said...

If you did get this from Eric, that means my family legacy has been passed down -- again! Every time my mom makes this for guests they love it. The best part is that it's so easy!

Nate and Julie said...

Ok, you caught me. I did make it per your suggestion Eric, and it did not disappoint.
Thanks for passing on the legacy Cindy!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure