Thursday, September 3, 2009

The kid!

So, I am exhausted, but I know I have to post pictures or our mothers will be very disappointed. Julie is holding our little girl right now. She was 9 pounds 8 ounces (which sets a record for my family) and 20 1/4 inches long. After pushing for another one and a half hours, the doctors decided that there was no way the baby was coming, so we went C-section. When they brought her out, she was facing to the side instead of down, and the cord was wrapped around her neck, but she's here! We pretty much think she's the greatest thing ever. (I got to hold her first, so she's definitely going to be a daddy's girl). Here are some pictures!





























P.S. Julie is so tough. I am so proud of her for laboring so long and trying so hard. She's a champ, and I love her.

26 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Congratulations Julie. I am so happy for you guys. What is her name?

Angela and Daniel said...

Congratulations guys! Now you can enjoy your beautiful baby! Actually, now is when the real fun begins:)

The Laytons said...

WOW! She's here! And can I just say that she is BEAUTIFUL! Oh my goodness! Way to go, Mom and Dad! I can't even begin to imagine how TIRED you both are, but thank goodness you are all healthy and happy! We sure have lots to be grateful for! Thanks for posting tonight! We'll talk soon!

Alisa said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful...we can't wait to meet her. You're one tough cookie Julie, way to go. We love you guys!

Stephanie said...

hooooooray! way to go jewles! same weight as amby boy and that is NOT EASY so way to go! now please remember to truly sleep when she sleeps- you have a very tired couple of weeks ahead of you! love you!

Grandma Honey said...

She looks just like Julie!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shayne said...

yay!!! I'm so excited for you!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't believe how big she is! Go girl!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!

The Pixton Family said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and we are so happy for you.

Matt and Ness said...

YAAAY!! Congrats, Julie! She's adorable. SO happy for you:)

dannyhaley said...

Congrats!!! We are so happy for you. Just get some rest and enjoy these special first few day! She is just adorable.

sarah e. said...

What a story you have now! Julie, you and your girl are two tough ladies. I can't believe how upbeat you were through the whole exhausting ordeal...actually, knowing you, I can. :) Get lots of rest and let Nate pamper you both this next little while!!

Alicia said...

Oh! I'm so happy for you guys! I was getting a little worried when nothing was being posted but I totally know how that goes! I'm excited to hear what her name is! And WOW, that's a big baby! I'm glad she got here safely! Get some rest!

lindsay lark said...

Congratulations!!! There was quite the chain of phone calls going around the family yesterday- so glad all is well and your beautiful little girl is here!

Cyndy and George said...

SWEET!!!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl. What an ordeal, but so worth every bit of it. She is perfect! I didn't read every comment, but did anyone notice that we don't know her name?????

Brittney said...

Ahhhhh! I am so excited for you guys! She is so cute. I was glad to see that Julie was wearing a pink hospital gown and your little girl is wrapped in a pink blanket. Btw-what's her name? Did you guys even decide on one yet? Maybe that's why it took her longer to come out! Oh and I love that she is so big. The bigger the better in my mind. Way to go Nate and Julie! We couldn't be happier. Seriously, I'm just so excited for you all!

Carly said...

Holey moley she is just gorgeous! Great pictures!

I love how excited Nate is- thats so cool. Ah- isn't it awesome to finally be done with it all and have a sweet little baby! They are so worth every stinkin contraction, every long day of pregnancy. I find myself just staring at Jude for hours on end when I should be sleeping.

Congratulations!!

Mom said...

AWWWWW. . . Just beautiful! She is just beautiful (Julie Too!) She is one Chubby Cherub :) Love to Ya'll

Taber & Rebecca said...

Congratulations!!!

Richard said...

You think you're exhausted:)...what a beautiful baby!

Richard said...

I think she looks like Jude Kennington.

Jessica F. said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! There is nothing like a brand new baby. ENJOY!!!

Alli said...

You guys, she is super cute!! Ahhh, when will I ever see her?!? I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! One more little cousin for the Easter Egg Hunt and the Nativity Scene. Way to go! I'm sure you're tired but there is no tired as wonderful as "new baby tired". Don't put her down until she leaves for college.
Love to all,
Auntie Robin and gang

Enoch said...

Wow our babies are just one week apart! How cool is that? Thanks for the pics, you've outdone yourself. And don't worry, you'll get lots of rest from here on out.

We are glad to hear you have a healthy (looks to be VERY healthy) baby girl.

Richard said...

Oops, I meant the baby looks like Jude Sears. Sorry Enoch.

Nate and Julie said...

pretty much she's the cutest thing ever. stay tuned for the name...


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure