WARNING: lots of details, that may be too much for the weak...this is more for me to remember how this is all going down. So we went home after 3 attempts to soften the cervix and 30+ hours, but now we're back. this time after 8 hours of the cervidil it worked! I was amazed. By the time I realized I was in labor, I was at a 3 1/2 and my water broke shortly thereafter. I got my epidural (a girl's best friend), slept for awhile, and was 100% effaced and at a 10 around 11 this morning. I pushed for 3 hours, made some progress, but not enough. So now I'm laboring down for an hour, followed by the vacuum, and finally if those don't work because she is stubborn and large then we will head to the OR for a c-section. That's the update...there will be a baby before tomorrow hits!
P.S. I feel amazingly good. The ice here is really good ice and I had the best Popsicle ever a couple of hours ago.
2 days ago
6 comments:
how exciting and you are in such great sp[spirits for all that hard work! i've been there and i dont think i was that positive- so congrats!!!
Oh Julie, Keep staying so positive! What an adventure. Just think of your little sweet heart, she'll be here soon! GOOD LUCK!
I am laughing my head off! Yay for your baby being on the way, and double yay for good ice and popsicles! You rock, mama!
Epidurals sure have changed the world. I can't imagine blogging while being dilated to a 10 and 100% effaced!
Always the Optimist! Thanks for the update. I keep checking your blog and was excited to see you had a new post.
yes, me too. good luck and we can't wait to see the little darling!
Post a Comment