Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love decorating for different holidays. Between holidays, my house is a little bare, but I think holiday decorations are so much fun! I did a few extra projects around the house for Valentine's day this year. Below is a view of our mantel with a couple little projects I did. I got the idea for the garland from my cousin-in-law Laura.

 These little vases came from Target's dollar section last year. I saw a little tutorial on the crepe paper flower balls on pinterest and put them together. I really like how they turned out and the whole thing cost me less than $5!
 These little mail boxes are from Target as well. We started a family tradition last year of leaving love notes in them all throughout the month.
 Another pinterist idea--these pom-pom garlands are way cute and super simple. Just a little clear thread and pom-pom balls. I especially love how they look with the blinds open and the snow as a backdrop behind them.
 I made this wreath a couple years ago from a tutorial on ourbestbites.com. It took forever to make, but I love it!
 We had an epic snow day last week. Clara loved Nate's Russian hat, but wasn't so sure once she got it on.
 She settled on this cute owl hat instead.
 Like father like daughter.
 We got about 18 inches in a little over 24 hours. Behind Nate you can see where our 3 foot tall wall is almost buried thanks to the drifts.
 Isn't this the best way to spend a snow day?
 One of Clara's favorite activities lately is to line up her animals to watch a movie.
 I think it looks like they are at the drive-in. Clara has never even been to the movies, let alone a drive-in! But she has watched Annie probably a hundred times, and they go to the movies. I guess she didn't want her animal friends to miss out on a full cinematic experience.
 We had a very peaceful dinner last night because Grace got to sit in the high chair for the first time. She was quite pleased with it and let us eat in peace since she had her own chair and was able to join us. We should have pulled that baby up from the basement weeks ago!

6 comments:

Andi said...

so cute julie!

Carly said...

I love how kids act out everything they see! And I am super impressed that you are so festive- love the decor.

Would you mind if I put a link on my new blog to your 2 blogs?? Its lifeisapuzzle.net if you wanna check it out.

Stephanie said...

JULIE! You are a craft-master! I love all the decor- but of course- how could I not? It is all so cute! I think I pinned a lot of the same stuff and of course never made it. Way to make stuff you pin! INSPIRING. Love you! I have been wanting to make that heart garland ever since I saw it at my friend's house when Ambrose was 2... it is time! haha

Jessica F. said...

Cute kids. Darling decor. I love everything about this post!

Grandma Honey said...

I know you didn't mean you kept Grace in the basement...but last line made me laugh :)
Love your Valentine decor. I think I could even pull off the pom pom idea. Today we are looking for pipe cleaners because the twins are coming tonight and I will teach them to put them through my strainers. I've been thinking about that idea since I read it on your blog!

Nate and Julie said...

Jill--I laughed too, once I reread that line. Thanks for pointing that out!

Carly--link away. I love your new blog!


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure