I can't seem to ever get my "Food Friday" posts out on Friday, but I had a good reason this time. These cupcakes were not frosted and ready to eat until this morning. I needed to sample one or three before recommending the recipe to you. You can thank me later.
Someone had a birthday party today (more on that later) and she couldn't decide between chocolate or pink cupcakes. When I told her she could have chocolate AND pink I think I reached a whole new level of awesomeness in her book.
I pinned this recipe and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to try it out. It is from The Sweet Tooth Fairy and she is kind of a big deal. The original recipe can be found here. The measurements are written in ounces. I don't have a kitchen scale so I did some conversions with the help of The Joy of Baking. The result was a rich, indulgent, moist cupcake that is not helping my quest to live healthier and lose a little weight. But birthdays are important and the birthday girl was delighted with the results and eating healthy can wait until tomorrow.

Sweet Tooth Fairy's Black and White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 1/2 cups + 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup + 2 Tbs. dark chocolate cocoa (I used regular cocoa and it was fine)
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs, beaten
6 ounces chocolate pudding, prepared (this is the big box of instant pudding)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 (mine made 30) cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
In
a large bowl, measure the dry ingredients and mix together with
electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds until well combined.
Add wet ingredients and mix on medium
speed for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl and
resume mixing on medium speed for 1 additional minute. Stop mixer and
fold in chocolate chips.
Fill the prepared
cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven
until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18
minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely.
White Chocolate Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl
with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add melted chocolate
and vanilla; mix for an additional 1 minute. Add powdered sugar
gradually, beating until light and fluffy after each addition.
Frost
the chocolate cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting. Ideas for
garnishing: fresh raspberry, mini chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles.

2 comments:
Yum! Happy happy birthday to Clara! Good luck with the potty training. I used Lora Jensen's 3 day potty training guide. Google it and there's a free PDF. It's long. But it works! Well, we're still not totally accident free, but it has gone much faster than expected. And he won't go #2 on the pot. Minor detail:) But give it a go if you want, it's good stuff.
I'm so glad you're doing a Food Friday! I need someone to inspire me! ;)
Post a Comment