Friday, August 31, 2007

It begins


Yesterday was a great day! Why was it a great day you might ask? Well, it was the first day of the 2007 college football season, and Boise State played. They won 56-7. So needless to say, even though I've already said it twice, it was a great day.

Julie and I are going to Boise today....finally! I don't think anyone has ever been so excited about going to Boise, Idaho (except maybe that guy on Single's Ward). We're just excited to see my family and relax and be outside of Provo for a few days. It will be glorious. That and I won't have to do dishes for three whole days! We are leaving poverty and entering the world of the dishwasher. Anyway, we must be really excited about it, because we're missing the BYU - Arizona game which we have tickets to. But it warms my heart that Dave and Melanie will enjoy the game in our behalf.

Anyway, last night I went with Julie to her "Back to School Night" at her school. That's where all the parents come and meet the teacher etc. I just wanted to see her in action. I did see her in action, but I spent most of my time fixing her computer, helping another teacher there with a computer problem, and reading 3rd grade level chapter books. I got hooked on this book called "Brian's Winter." It's a continuation of "Hatchet" and it's written as if Brian never got rescued and had to stay in the wilderness through the winter. I got Julie to let me take it home, and I stayed up till almost midnight reading it. Great book. Someday I want to be a mountain man...or atleast buy some moose-skin underpants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nate, the game was great, and my face is burnt.


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure