Many of you have asked me if I will be adding to my food blog again. While I am flattered, the answer is, I don't know. While I do cook dinner just about every night, it was pretty time consuming to be constantly trying new recipes, photographing the food, and documenting on the blog. I still use that blog as a resource, and you should too. Someday I may start posting regularly on there again. In the meantime, I am starting a new segment on here: Food Friday. Every Friday I am going to post something related to food: a new recipe, a fabulous meal, or product recommendation. There is a radio station in Denver that does a segment called "The Best Thing I Ate This Weekend" every Monday. This will be my version. Enjoy!
Two-Timin Pasta
For our inaugural Food Friday I am sharing with you what we are having for dinner tonight. This is a pinterest recipe that quickly became a family favorite. I love it because it mostly comes right out of my food storage, it makes a lot, and my kids love pasta! I have altered it slightly from the version I saw on pinterest, but the picture is from the original site.
1-16 oz. jar alfredo sauce
1-24 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
1 tsp. red pepper flakes (more or less depending on your taste)
Combine the last four ingredients in a large bowl then add the cooked pasta. Stir until all the pasta is coated. Pour into a 9x13 pan and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove foil for the last 5-10 minutes.
I love the way baking this dries it out a little. I like to serve it with Parmesan cheese on top. It is really good alone, but even better with grilled chicken.
1 comment:
Yum! I am going to try this!
Post a Comment