If you know these folks, call and wish them a happy anniversary!
Growing up I knew I had good parents, but I had no idea how good I had it. Every night when my dad got home from work they would go in their room and lock the door. I could hear them talking and would get so frustrated that they wouldn't let me in. Whenever I would get in a dumb teenage spat with one parent or the other I would get so upset when the other parent never took my side. They went out on weekly date nights. They went on annual getaways to fun places and left us with the
babysitter. (They took us to plenty of fun places but I never understood why they wanted to go places without us.) I get it now, all of it.They NEVER speak negatively of each other. They run every decision by each other and work like a perfect team. Each of us kids is spoiled in our own way and there is plenty of love to go around, but the point is that they put each other first. They are the perfect example of how a marriage should be. That is how you get to 31 years. Twenty-six years from now I hope to be as happy as they are. I love you Mom and Dad!




2 comments:
I agree. Your parents are awesome.
What a nice tribute and what a cute picture of them! I think when they were in their room with the door locked they were discussing next years Christmas presents - just ask you dad if I'm right on that one.
Julie your family is darling but we need to see you in some of these pictures.
Love,
Aunt Robin
Post a Comment