Monday, August 20, 2012

What I Miss About Colorado

1. good friends
2. going to church with people I know (I know this just takes time, and people have been so friendly, but I'm just not very patient!)
3. having a garage, yard, basement, pantry, and the other luxuries that come with a house
4. having people at the store feel bad for the poor lady with 2 little kids and do nice things like hold the door open and take my shopping cart back--2 kids is chump change around here
5. clean air--it has smelled like a campfire around here for far too long--I guess that darn Colorado wind had a purpose
6. knowing my way around town--I have been impressed with my navigation skills so far, but I still have a long ways to go
7. Nate being able to walk to work--sharing a car is no bueno
8. no sales tax on food--despite having noticably lower prices, my grocery bill always comes out higher than I think it will
9. the Oroweat bread outlet
10. Clara's friends--it breaks my heart every time we go to the park and she tells me "nobody said hi to me!"

I know that most of these things will come with time and ultimately what trumps all of the above is living close to family and having a happy husband who loves his job!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Change IS hard! But I admire you for having such a positive attitude through this adventure. Before you know it, you will really feel at home in ID. :-)


Gotta love the Moses Action Figure